Since the early 1900s, this building was integral to the Italian immigrant life in the neighborhood and is representative of the many manufacturing businesses that operated at one time on N. Fourth Street. By 1921, the structure was the Columbus Welding Shop.
Due to the neighborhood decline post World War II, this led to neglect of structures, demolition of buildings, and population loss. Many of the industrial structures were demolished along Goodale Street to create 1-70 and many were demolished due to neglect.
By 1951, it was an electric service building which was housed there until 2019. The building is now representative of the industrial architecture which once lined N. Fourth Street.